Many employees feel that moving and handling materials that they work with every day is an “ordinary” task, not something that they really need to be concerned about. Yet there are hundreds of thousands of “materials handling” accidents every year… from small splinters, cuts or scrapes… to crushed fingers, hands and feet… even deaths.
NSC's training products on “Materials Handling Safety” provide the information employees need to work safely when handling various types of materials. Topics covered in these products include:
- Types of potential hazards.
- Planning a job.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Proper lifting and moving techniques.
- Other ergonomic considerations.
- Hand trucks, carts and pallet trucks.
- Mechanical lifting devices.